This course is an introduction to advertising as an institution, industry and practice within the context of an integrated marketing campaign program. It is designed to provide students with basic concepts, methods, and tools for effective advertising.
At the completion of the course the student should be able to:
- Explain the importance of advertising as a component of promotion
- Correlate the relationship between advertising and society
- Conduct the research necessary to develop advertising strategy
- Analyze the creative components involved in developing advertisements.
- Assess the characteristics and potential for standard advertising media
- Develop advertisements employing standard advertising media
- Evaluate sources of industry information