About Brescia University Online
Brescia University is a coeducational Catholic institution founded by the Ursuline Sisters of Mount Saint Joseph. Located in Owensboro, Ky., Brescia University is committed to Making a Difference in the lives of its students, its community and the Church.
From its beginning as a four year college, Brescia has offered educational opportunities to adult learners, starting with veterans returning from World War II.Since 1981, Brescia has served working adults through its unique Weekend College Program offered in an accelerated format.
Today, Brescia University is serving adult learners in an online format that allows nontraditional students to complete their degrees from the convenience of their home or office. Through the Success Tracks for Adults Returning to School (STARS) Brescia offers several online programs and certificates.
The education you receive at Brescia University is unique in four ways:
- Respect for the Sacred - Because each human being is formed in the likeness and image of God, Brescia University ensures that each student is treated with the proper respect and dignity.
- Devotion to Learning - Brescia University has inherited a 500-year teaching tradition from the Ursuline Sisters. Because of this tradition, the education offered at Brescia is unique and seeks to cultivate the whole student.
- Commitment to Growth and Virtue - In today's world, ethics and moral values are sometimes placed on the periphery of educational dialogue. Brescia University seeks to instill a sense of morality and ethics into each student so that they may flourish.
- Promotion of servant leadership - Brescia University students are trained as leaders stamped by the Gospel message of Jesus Christ, who provided a model of servant leadership by washing His disciples' feet.
These tenants of Catholic and Ursuline heritage are woven throughout each of Brescia's academic programs. As you explore opportunities at Brescia University, keep in mind the words of St. Iranaeus: "The glory of God is the human person fully alive."
Why Choose Brescia University STARS Online Program?
STARS – Success Tracks for Adults Returning to School – has developed an online program to meet the needs of adult learners who are not able to travel to campus on a daily basis yet desire to advance their education from a prestigious catholic university like Brescia.
Aside from the many benefits of online learning, students also recognize that Brescia’s education is:
Convenient – It's easy to get started at Brescia! Once enrolled, you will enjoy the flexibility and convenience of learning online from a location and at times convenient for you. No driving or campus attendance is necessary or required.
Accelerated – Online courses are designed on an eight-week format so that you can earn your degree quickly. Courses are structured to deliver readily applicable knowledge that can be transferred in the work place.
High-Quality – Brescia has 60 years of education excellence and courses are taught by skilled instructors. The quality of our online courses match the quality of courses taught on-campus in a traditional format.
- Certificate in Accounting Completion Program
- Master of Science in Management
- Associate of Science Degree with a Major in Business
- Bachelor of Science in Business
- Bachelor of Science or Arts in Integrated Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
717 Frederica Street
Owensboro KY 42301
Average Cost per Credit
$325 - Undergraduate
$400 - Graduate
Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
Private, not-for-profit, Higher Education