Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary
About Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary Online
Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary (GGBTS) offers a Master of Divinity (MDiv) degree and a Master of Theological Studies (MTS) degree programs partially online.
GGBTS recognizes the necessity of providing the best possible training for mature individuals who have experienced God's call. It is the Seminary's creed to continue the great undertaking of forming Christian leaders who will passionately and faithfully follow Jesus, build bridges between believers of different faiths and focus their entire lives on fulfilling their calling in compliance with God's Kingdom purposes.
The programs are available partially online and give students the opportunity to experience a high-quality education at their convenience. Students are encouraged to apply their knowledge in various ministry settings and situations and use biblical principles to make a difference in their communities. Upon completion of the online courses, graduates will obtain a superior understanding of the Gospel and gain a stronger insight regarding God's mission.
Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary is accredited by the Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada and by the Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. Instruction follows the guidelines of the Confessional Statement (2000) adopted by the Southern Baptist Convention.
Where Will Your Degree Take You?
Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary is an educational leader in missionary work, strategy and outreach.
- The Master of Divinity curriculum is designed to prepare graduates for the following positions: Pastor, Associate Pastor, Church Planter, Director of Missions, Para Church Ministry Leader, Missional Strategist, Chaplain, Student or Collegiate Minister, Denominational Worker, Evangelist, Social Work Minister, Minister of Counseling or Outreach and Visitation, or Minister of Education.
- The Master of Theological Studies degree covers basic theological tenants necessary for effective service, primarily in volunteer positions. Students will need additional graduate studies beyond the MTS to reach higher positions.
Why Choose Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary Online?
Benefits of the GGBTS Online program include:
Leadership: Since 2006, Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary has committed to being a leader in the great undertaking of "accelerating the fulfillment of the Great Commission of Christ." Degree Prestige and Value: A graduate degree from Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary will always carry great merit. Graduates of Golden Gate are consistently accepted into top theological doctoral programs in the United States. Knowledge Excellence: Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary is committed to providing students with instructors who are well-known and well-respected within and outside the community. Online Campus: The Golden Gate eCampus offers numerous 100% Internet-based courses at this time. It is expected that proper accreditation will allow the eCampus to develop more courses in the future. Financial Aid: Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary is part of the Cooperative Program, a platform that enables the Seminary to receive donations and contributions from diverse churches, institutions and individuals. Online Courses: Although the two degrees will be only partially offered online, Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary plans to develop more online courses in the future.
- The Master of Divinity program consists of 81 course hours and is designed for a variety of ministry leadership competences.
- With the help of a Web-assisted formula, students can complete this degree in 36 months; it addresses 21 specific leadership qualities of Christian character and ministry proficiency.
- The Master of Theological Studies program is a two-year program.
- In addition to offering intensive training for specific ministry roles, the Master of Theological Studies degree prepares graduates to address broad topics in history, Bible and theology.
Enjoy the Online Experience at Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary
We have dedicated a great amount of resources and efforts to develop our eCampus for the benefit and convenience of our students. We strive to make the online learning experience enjoyable and want each student to achieve academic greatness in the virtual classroom.
We are confident that our online courses will provide the right environment for our students to express themselves in a deeply spiritual format and will give each and every student the chance to demonstrate commitment to living as a follower of Jesus Christ.
201 Seminary Drive
Mill Valley CA 94941
Average Cost per Credit
$330 ($165 Sou. Bpst)
The Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada
Private, not-for-profit, Higher Education