Jones International University
MEd in Higher Education Leadership and Administration
This MEd degree program is designed for professionals who want to better understand adult learning; public policy and higher education; successful leadership in higher education administration; and the future of higher education.
Degree Learning Objectives:
- Explain and apply adult learning theory.
- Apply research methods to improve learning organizations.
- Demonstrate and apply strategic planning.
- Demonstrate and apply business management for learning organizations.
- Demonstrate and apply needs assessment for learning environments.
- Integrate assessment strategies to improve adult learning.
- Demonstrate an understanding of public policy and higher education.
- Demonstrate successful leadership in higher education administration.
- Prepare for the future of higher education.
- Complete a capstone project that demonstrates successful application of the knowledge and skills you have acquired during your tenure at JIU to a real educational issue or opportunity. Your capstone project should demonstrate your proficiency with the learning objectives for your program area. Demonstrate how your capstone project connects to the JIU competency bank in a convincing way. Incorporate the Total Professional Advantage® deliverables into your capstone project.
Who should enroll:
The MEd in Higher Education Leadership and Administration is designed for educators who want to improve the quality of leadership, curriculum, instruction, and assessment within colleges and universities. Graduates emerge as leaders who are ready to transform higher education and advance in their careers.