Jobs with a Sports Management Degree
Benefits of Online Sports Management Degrees
Today, with an abundant variety of online schools that offer individuals Sports Management Degree programs, there is also an excellent array of benefits that those programs entail. Provided below is a list of some of the best of those benefits.
1. Online Sports Management Degree programs are flexible. Individuals can study when they want, where they want, and on their own time.
2. Online Sports Management Degree programs are convenient. Individuals can study from their homes without having to get dressed and drive somewhere. In addition, this convenience allows individuals to arrange their studying schedules so that they are still able to maintain a job and an income.
3. Most online Sports Management Degree programs are fully accredited. Common accreditation commissions for these programs include: the Distance Education and Training Council, the United States Department of Education, the Higher Learning Commission, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, and the Northcentral Association of Colleges and Schools to name a few.
4. Online Sports Management Degree programs provide individuals with professional instruction through qualified, educated professors in the field.
5. Many local externship opportunities are available through online Sports Management Degree programs. These opportunities are set up by an individual’s online school, and they provide an individual with a local, convenient means of acquiring the hands-on experience that is necessary to his/her success professionally.
Types of Online Sports Management Degree Programs:
In general, there are three main types of online Sports Management Degree programs that are available to individuals today. Provided below is a description of each of these degree programs.
1. Online Bachelor’s of Science in Sports Management Degree Programs: These online degree programs are offered to individuals who possess at least a High School Diploma or a G.E.D. In addition, some online schools may require individuals to possess at least a 2.0 GPA to be considered for enrollment into their Bachelor’s of Science in Sports Management Degree programs. These programs typically consist of 120 credit hours of study.
2. Online Master’s of Science in Sports Management Degree Programs: These online degree programs are offered to individuals who possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a sports, health, or science field. A minimum GPA of 3.0 is usually required as well. These programs usually consist of 45-60 credit hours of study.
3. Online Doctorate in Sports Management Degree Programs: These programs are offered to individuals who possess both a Bachelor’s Degree and a Master’s Degree in a related field. Typically, these programs are highly selective, and individuals must possess both high GPAs and experience in the field as well. Online Doctorate in Sports Management Degree programs usually consist of 30-40 credit hours of study.
Upon successful completion of an online Sports Management Degree program, there is no doubt that individuals are presented with an array of awesome job opportunities in their field. Most often, these occupations possess great potentials for professional advancement. Provided below is a detailed list of some of the popular career opportunities for those individuals who possess an online Sports Management Degree.
Popular Jobs for Sports Management Professionals
1. Ticket Managers: Ticket Managers are responsible for overseeing the production, distribution, and promotional components of an athletic team’s ticket sales. On average, these professionals earn $46,483 per year.
2. Head Athletic Trainers: Head Athletic Trainers are responsible for keeping an athletic team’s members healthy, strong, and conditioned both physically and mentally. These professionals earn an average salary of $53,243 per year.
3. Campus Recreation Directors: Campus Recreation Directors are in charge of the planning, scheduling, and coordinating operations of a school or college’s athletic activities. These professionals earn an average salary of $62,031 per year.
4. Event Directors: The main role of Event Directors is to oversee the planning, processing, timing, and sales components of an athletic team’s sporting events. These professionals earn an average salary of $98,037 per year.
5. Athletic Directors: Athletic Directors are often responsible for the coaching, mentoring, directing, and adminstrative aspects of a school’s athletic department and teams. These professionals earn an average salary of $99,627 per year.
All around, from the Ticket Managers to the Athletic Directors, there is an outstanding variety of careers that individuals can pursue once they have obtained an online Sports Management Degree. Ultimately, it is through an online Bachelor’s in Sports Management Degree and/or an online Master’s in Sports Management Degree that individuals will obtain the accounting, sports marketing, management, sports ethics, and sports law skills that are essential to their success in those abundant careers.
- No Entries Found
- Concordia University - Saint Paul
Bachelor of Arts in Sports Management
- Shorter University
Bachelor of Business Administration in Sport Management
- Full Sail University
Bachelor of Science in Entertainment Business